By Bob Hebeisen
Part 7 of 7…Here are 7 ways Marketing Automation helps marketers multitask more effectively:#1. Setting up marketing campaigns for appropriate tracking
#2. A/B testing
#3. Integration with CRM
#4. Lead nurturing for better lead quality
#5. Doing the little things right, automatically
#6. Reviewing results and applying your learning
#7. Taking a moment to celebrate your successes
Marketing is a tough job because there are few opportunities to be the hero and lots of opportunities to be the goat.
- Ever run a campaign where you do 99 things right but the 1 thing you do wrong is the only thing anyone notices?
- When a new customer closes it is rare that the sales organization acknowledges marketing’s contribution — building a positive brand image, driving and nurturing the lead, arming the sales rep with awesome call scripts, demos, collateral, and presentations.
- When a company has a bad quarter and needs to cut costs, it is almost always marketing budget and staff that gets slashed first.
That’s why I love what HubSpot does to celebrate marketing accomplishments:
- Daily email: HubSpot sends you (and, optionally, your manager and your sales constituents) a daily email entitled “Daily Prospects Digest…” that shows all the companies that visited your website the previous day — very valuable for a sales rep that is working a particular account and is looking for a sign they might be making progress.
Weekly email & Dashboards: When things are going well, HubSpot’s weekly email update and dashboard congratulates you and says “you deserve a raise!”, or “I think you are ready for the Glengarry leads!” [NSFW video]. Or if your leads or website visits are lower than last month it will offer some constructive help on how you can reverse the trend.
- Monthly email & PowerPoint: HubSpot sends you (and, optionally, your manager and your sales constituents) a monthly email with a recap of key results. The great thing is you can also download those results in PowerPoint format, so you can present it to your boss and use the charts to support your strategy and wish list for coming months.
A little acknowledgement and encouragement can go a long way for a multitasking marketer!
|7 Ways Marketing Automation Helps Marketers Multitask More Effectively:
#1. Setting up marketing campaigns for appropriate tracking